“To maintain and enhance natural ecosystem features of the Lower Maitland River Valley.”
VALUES (Key Principles)
- We envision a community that enables owners to manage their land for the mutual benefit of themselves and the community.
- We believe that most landowners holding valley lands do so because they appreciate the beauty and natural features of the valley and the adjoining landscape.
- We believe that many non-landowners have an interest in actively preserving and enhancing the valley’s natural vitality.
- We believe that landowners and non-landowners coming together as a community will assure the integrity of the valley for both their interests.
- To advocate responsible stewardship of resources by landowners and valley users through:
- encouraging a sense of community and cooperation among landowners and valley users through providing a forum for them to interact, share ideas and develop an understanding of each other’s viewpoints;
- provision of information on natural features, their, presence, status and management options, and;
- provision of educational opportunities to learn about and develop an appreciation for the valley resources.
- To encourage and direct research on natural features of the valley.
- To profile existing protection measures, e.g. legislation, and encourage their appropriate enforcement.
- To investigate other opportunities for protection, e.g. recommendations to regulators, special designations and learning about approaches taken in other areas.
To foster sustainable use of the valley and its resources.